Networking With the Colors of the Rainbow
Many network administrators and consumers generally choose one color
of Cat5e Ethernet cabling when they network various parts of their
business or home. Here are some examples as to why you would choose
various colors for different projects.
- An room with that has Ethernet cable looks better when the cable
matches the color of the carpet or walls.
- When organizing a patch panel or server solutions, it’s much
easier to troubleshoot problems when you know a certain color comes in
to the switch or router and a certain color goes out.
- When connecting a cable or DSL modem to a wireless router,
having a different colored shorter Ethernet cable as the input can
ensure you connect the modem to the right port on the router.
- When laying long cable through walls, sometimes you don’t have
access to see what Ethernet cable is plugged into where on the switch
or router. By simply having a different cable color, you can quickly
assess which cable leads to where.
- Using different colored Ethernet cable can be a way to spice up
the office or bring attention to a particular computer or switch.
All the cable that Sewell Direct sells is made from high quality
polymer and is designed to last for years. Check out our selection of
Ethernet cables today.
Cat5e - blue,
Cat6 - blue,