Using the USB to Parallel adapter on a Mac
We carry a USB
to Parallel adapter that works great with Macintosh computers. Not
only that, but it is easy to setup. Just follow these simple
1. Plug the parallel end of the cable into your printer.
2. Plug the USB end of the cable into your Mac.
3. Open up your Printer List
4. Click on the Add button
5. When the dialog box comes up, select USB from the drop down menu
6. Select the printer from the list and click on the Add button.
If you see that the Drivers are not installed (as shown below) then
you will want to check to make sure the drivers for the printer are
available for Mac, and that they are installed on your system.
If you suspect that there may be something wrong with the adapter
1. Open up your System Profiler
2. Select USB from the Contents list (you may need to double click on
Hardware for USB to show up)
3. Once you have selected USB, look under the USB Device Tree on the
righthand side. You should see a device labeled IEEE-1284 Controller.
Controller is the USB to Parallel adapter. If you see this then the
cable is installed correctly and working properly. If you cannot get it
to work, then try it in another port, or on another computer. If it
still doesnt work, then it may be defective. Contact the company you
purchased it from and seek for additional tech support.
If you suspect that you may have compatibility issues with your
printer, then do a search on the internet for your printer model, USB
and Mac. You may find a solution.